Many low-income people need help with family law problems. Unfortunately, we have only a few attorneys in our family law unit. Our family law unit can only help domestic abuse victims.
When we can take family law cases for domestic abuse victims, we work to help the victim become safe. Our Family Law attorneys may handle the following types of cases for domestic abuse victims:
- Domestic abuse and child abuse injunctions
- Divorce, legal separation, and annulment cases
- Maintenance and spousal support
- Child custody and placement
- Modification of divorce, paternity, custody, placement, maintenance, or child support judgments
- Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) litigation
- Family law appeals
If you're a victim of family violence or domestic abuse, contact Legal Action to learn whether Legal Action’s family law attorneys can help. If we can't help, we will try to give you phone numbers of other family law resources.